As an online-course instructor, you will have the unique opportunity to create and deliver your own individual course using a specified curriculum. You will be responsible for designing the course content, creating instructional materials, and providing instruction in a live online environment. In addition, you will be expected to assess student progress throughout the duration of their program and provide feedback as necessary.
The ideal GED instructor has a strong educational background, a passion for teaching, and the ability to create engaging lessons. They have in-depth knowledge of the GED curriculum, patience, supportiveness, and excellent communication skills. They build positive relationships with students, provide individualized attention, and create inclusive learning environments. They are adaptable, tech-savvy, and dedicated to helping students succeed.
Compensation is based on the number of students enrolled in each course and/or grants received.
The perfect candidate will possess most of these qualities:
- Technical expertise: In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting security solutions.
- Credentials: Relevant credentials that correspond with the course of study. CISSP is preferred, but comparable credentials may be accepted based on experience.
- Teaching ability: Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively teach complex technical concepts.
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust teaching style and methods to meet the needs of each student.
- Proficiency in technology: Familiarity with technology and the ability to use it effectively to enhance lessons and assessments.
- Positive attitude: Ability to build positive relationships with students and create a welcoming and inclusive learning environment.
- Passion for teaching: A genuine passion for teaching and a desire to help students succeed.
- Professionalism: A commitment to maintaining high standards of professional conduct and reliability.