As an online-course instructor, you will have the unique opportunity to create and deliver your own individual course using a specified curriculum. You will be responsible for designing the course content, creating instructional materials, and providing instruction in a live online environment. In addition, you will be expected to assess student progress throughout the duration of their program and provide feedback as necessary.
We are looking for someone who has an advanced understanding of the entirety of the Microsoft Office Suite. If you have a strong background in using all components of this suite, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, then we would love to hear from you! We value candidates with good problem-solving skills and attention to detail. We also appreciate applicants that can demonstrate their knowledge in a creative way. If this sounds like something that interests you then please do not hesitate to apply!
Compensation is based on the number of students enrolled in each course and/or grants received.
The perfect candidate will possess most of these qualities:
- Education: An associate’s degree or higher in a related field, such as computer science, education, or information technology.
- Microsoft certification: Candidates with Microsoft Certified: Trainer (MCT), Microsoft Certified: Educator (MCE), or Microsoft Certified: Office Specialist (MOS) certifications are highly desirable.
- Teaching experience: At least one year of experience teaching in a traditional classroom or online setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications: The instructor should have a deep understanding of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Technical proficiency: The instructor should be highly proficient in using technology to create interactive, engaging online lessons and assessments.
- Excellent communication skills: The instructor should have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to students.
- Adaptability: The instructor should be able to quickly adapt to new technology and changes in the curriculum, and be comfortable with constantly evolving online learning environments.
- Passion for teaching: The instructor should have a passion for teaching and be able to motivate and engage students in the online classroom.